Ryan Blair is the leading entrepreneur who has overcome adversity and is focused on teaching young entrepreneurs as well as every single person willing to listen how to live an effective and meaningful life. From former gang member to multi-millionaire, Blair is co-founder and CEO of the multi-level marketing company ViSalus Sciences, a company that manages weight nutritional products. He is also the author of two books: Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain and Rock Bottom to Rock Star: Lessons from the Business School of Hard Knocks. He created companies from a young age and sold numerous companies. A valuable mentor and entrepreneur with knowledgeable advice. Here is his advice to YOUNGRY folk.
Things You’ll Learn from the Interview:
- Ryan Blair discusses how he reinvented himself and built his companies with skyrocketing values.
- His book Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain is all math recording his failures and teaching his readers to overcome adversities just like he did.
- Ryan is transparent. Why you need to share your rock bottom moments to learn from them, accept them, embrace them, and grow from them.
- Learning to compartmentalize which allowed him to get back up when he was knocked down. He learned how to go all through that and generate a billion dollars.
- Ryan’s passionate project is all about teaching his hard knocks of life and reaching out to young entrepreneurs so that they may learn from his mistakes.
- He never took the traditional path, dropped out of high school his freshmen year and how he managed to finally spell “entrepreneur.”
- Ryan’s not your normal venture capitalist. Why he invested in YOUNGRY and is looking forward for his investment getting a good return.
- The seven principles he values that have shaped the entrepreneur and person he is today. These principles were taken from his book, Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
- “Everybody has their own set of rules, and their rules don’t need to rule you”
- “business school of hard knocks”
- “pay attention to your timeline”
- “hard work doesn’t always pay off”
- “your failure quotient”
- “secret of my success”
- “certainty formula” – money follows because it doesn’t lead
- “find your superpower” whatever your strength is and create a team who can put you and your strengths up
- “survival skills”
- “your margin is my opportunity”
- “At War”
- “Take the stairs”
- “Today, fifteen minutes of fame only pays ten minutes’ worth of bills”
Ryan Blair’s company: ViSalus
His website: RyanBlair